Welcome to Health Class! I am looking forward to a great year where we will explore various topics focusing on our health and wellness, how to make good decisions regarding our health, physical fitness, nutrition as well as identifying things that can harm our health.
Health class will be held once a week on Tuesdays. In order to make the most efficient use of our class time, I have implemented the following classroom expectations and procedures.
1. Students are expected to come to class prepared. This includes coming to class each week with the necessary supplies: chrome book, folder and a blue or black pen as well as any homework that may have been assigned the previous week.
2. In the event of an absence, it is the student’s responsibility for making up the work they missed. If you are absent for Health, any work due that day is expected to be turned in on the day you return to school to the Health bin that is located in the Science room (Room 205).
3. Grades will be based on participation in class, class work, homework, projects and quizzes/tests.
4. Classwork: Every Tuesday, there will be a “Health Starter” given at the beginning of each class. If you are absent, the starter is to be submitted on the day that you return to school. In the event that you are out of class due to band, the starter is to be submitted after school.
5. Students will listen carefully in class, participate actively and be respectful to teacher, to others and yourself.