Welcome to 6th Grade Social Studies
Welcome to Social Studies Class! I am looking forward to a great year where we will explore Ancient Civilizations and the contributions they made to history. The Textbook: Journey Across Time provides an in-depth look at the ancient world and beyond.
In order to make the most efficient use of our class time, I have implemented the following classroom rules and expectations:
- Students are expected to come to class prepared. This includes coming to class each week with the necessary supplies: chrome book, Social Studies binder, folder and a blue or black pen as well as any homework that may have been assigned.
- If a student is absent, it is his/her responsibility for making up the work he/she missed.
- In the event that a student turns in work late, only partial credit will be given.
- Grades will be based on participation in class, class work, homework, projects and quizzes/tests.
- Students will listen carefully in class, participate actively and be respectful to their teacher and to others.
Be Prepared Be Positive Be Productive Be Polite
All assignments are posted on Google Classroom